Our Terms of Trading
1. All dogs must be fully inoculated (to include: parvovirus, distemper virus, leptospirosis and hepatitis) and have the necessary annual booster injections. We also require dogs to have had a treatment for kennel cough (parainfluenza virus and bordetella bronchiseptica). All cats must be fully inoculated against feline enteritis and cat flu (feline herpes virus and feline calicivirus). Cats must also have had the necessary annual booster injections. This must have been administered within the last 12 months.
We ask to see a valid certificate from a qualified veterinary surgeon on arrival; otherwise we are unable to accept your dog or cat, as we must protect boarding animals within our care.
2. Kennel cough: Please be aware that it is difficult for us to detect a carrier of this virus as an apparently healthy dog can enter the kennels and carry the condition.
3. Whilst every possible care and attention is given to each animal boarded at these Kennels, they are left at their owners’ own risk. Woodville Kennels, Cattery & Stables cannot be held responsible for illness or loss through any cause.
4. It is the owner’s responsibility to inform us of any existing medical condition at the time of booking. In the event of illness the owner’s designated veterinary surgeon will be called, or if necessary, our appointed veterinary surgeon can handle it. Any fees incurred for treatment are the responsibility of the owner.
5. We are happy to administer most forms of medication providing it can be safely given by a member of staff who does not hold veterinary qualifications.
6. If any dog or cat is left for seven days beyond the booked departure date without contact from the owner or a representative, the animal will be deemed abandoned. Woodville Kennels, Cattery & Stables will take steps to re-home or relocate the dog or cat to a rescue centre. All boarding fees and any other costs remain the responsibility of the owner.
7. If any dog or cat is aggressive towards other animals or staff, Woodville Kennels, Cattery & Stables will contact the owner in order to arrange for the animal to be removed. The owner will be liable for any damage caused to the kennel buildings and runs.
8. We welcome any items of bedding or toys owners may like to bring for their dog or cat, but we do not accept any responsibility for their condition or safe return.